Launching Your Church Website will help you get your church website up and running. Using a focused approach, this course helps you zero in on the engagement, design, and launching of a successful church website. You will also learn about creating great content for both visitors and members.
Begin this course by clicking on the links below. When you have finished a lesson, simply close the window and return to this page to select a new topic to explore.
- Introduction: Launching Your Church Website: Your church needs a website. Explore the lessons in this Introduction to learn why.
- Values and Vision: Before you can build your website, you need to understand what you want to say and who you are trying to reach. In this module, explore your church's values and vision. Then, consider your audience and their needs.
- Visitor-Focused, Member-Driven: Visitors have reasons for visiting your website. They are getting to know you for the first time. Members on the other hand come to your website looking for different kinds of information. How can you serve both audiences on your site? Let's explore some ways to make your website visitor-focused, but driven by your members.
- Site Layout: When it comes to website design, many churches rush straight to ideas for their site layout. We have taken a different approach. We have given thought to our values, vision, who are audience is, and how to build a site that welcomes visitors while still serving our members. Now it's time to design our website! Consider the following lessons to learn about effective website design.
- Creating Content: We have learned about your home page, the first thing visitors to your website will see. But you have other information you want to share with your audience. You may want to publish a monthly calendar of church services and events. You may want to feature a ministry like the youth group. In this module we will explore how great content can make your site a place visitors and members want to visit.
- Maximizing Your Website: Now that your church has a website, be sure to get the most out of it! Take a look at the lessons in this module to learn how to maximize your website to reach new visitors to your church.
- WordPress Tips and Techniques: Your church may use WordPress to build and maintain your website. If your site is designed and hosted by United Methodist Communications, your site will use WordPress. Download the files in this section to learn specific instructions for adding or maintaining features on your WordPress site.
- Cost: FREE
Course Start Date
This is an open enrollment course; students can register for this class at any time. Students will have access to the online course for six months starting from the day of registration.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify your website’s target audience.
- Craft the goal of your website and your overall message.
- Create and design content for a church website.
- Develop a website on your own or with the help of a designer or services provided by UMCOM
- Access resources for using WordPress for your website
What can I expect?
- You will have access to the online course for six months starting from the day you register.
- You will be able to download resources to share with other leaders and church members.
Have questions or need support?
United Methodist Communications PO Box 320 Nashville TN 37202-0320
United Methodist Communications 810 12th Avenue, South Nashville TN 37203