For many families the 2020-21 school year is beginning at home, rather than in a school building. For families adjusting to this new reality of virtual learning, staff at the United Methodist Publishing House have compiled a list of suggested links and resources that can help.
- HippoCampus: 7,000 free videos across 13 subjects
- Drawing with kids: A blog site by Austin Kleon
- PBS KIDS for Parents
- PBS LearningMedia: A free resource that offers resources for PreK-12 educators and families
- The National Constitution Centers: Offers free online civic learning opportunities, including Scholar Exchanges, which are live virtual conversations where young people learn about the Constitution while interacting with a constitutional scholar
- The Kid Should See This: Videos for curious minds of all ages
- Bored Teachers: List of 40 science websites that make it fun and easy for kids
- Pitsco Education: Hands-on, minds-on learning for all ages interested in exploring STEM subjects they can explore at home
- Time for Kids: Full of easy to read articles to teach children about the world around them
Originally shared by United Methodist Publishing House. Published with permission by ResourceUMC.